Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pick Asidz: Mom's Uncle Tom To: Carrie Fisher

Veronica: Trax you and your hip hop cultural persona. You are a different person than that! I hate when you act like a "swigger". Don't you remember that time when your dad took you to the base and you did your first sets of push ups? Remember how sore you were? Your dad always wanted you to go into the service.

Trax: I would have but I didn't believe in an oil war turning into another vietnam with a sand dune jungle. The day I did those push ups I got a taste of how the men treated and respected my dad. General Thomas Murphy of the Omega Brigade of the Army. They told me all about honor and cadence. Self discipline and self sacrifice. Dad distanced himself a lot in those days....

Veronica: Your dad had a hard time climbing the ladder to become a General Trax! We had you on that base, and I swore to myself that I would not let you become a part of that grinder. I never pushed you to become a soldier like he wanted.

Trax: The streets make you your own soldier Mom! What you don't know about them won't hurt you...Dad seemed so into his theory about "Murphy's Law" and how things fall apart. I hated that he might have applied to our family!

Veronica: If you only knew how disrespectful some of those cadets are when they first get on the base. Authority is a new concept to them and your dad represents it.

Trax: Authority is based on the majority and you can't expect amnesty to configure unenvigorated Mom. Especially to Dad's Frank Sinatra background music!

No comments: