Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Song 2-Clown on the Down

Dum dee dum dee da da...
Dum dee dum dee da da
Dum dee dum dee da da da tah dah...x2

Just another clown
On his way down
Tell Rapunzel to let down her hair
So I don't frown
A girl became a woman
Sitting on an egg
Hatching tears
Bridging fears
So I don't have to beg

Candy for my soul
On the honor roll
Give me a bridge
To hide under
Like a troll
With a potential goal
A heart is a beacon
Give it another try
Feel all free
With no fee
In a pig's eye

Turn off that switch
Turn off that scratching itch
Capitulate in kind
When the dancing takes a hitch

(Different Melody-More Folky)-
Poor old clown
Sitting on the ground
Digging for hope in a jar
With his life upside down
He doesn't have to reach very far
All the pain
His refrain
Climbing up a joke's path in a wind
All the jokes, full of smokes
To be left forward, not behind

(Back to melody)

But just like this clown
I've spent life messing around
Staying in this town
A little beat down
Worse for the wear
Forces which impair
Turn my insides out
Like a trapping snare
Searching for my dreams
Taking what I can
The mastery of such
Is the mystery of man

Looking for a woman
Believing in a child
Josia please tame
What I have infinitely tiled
A girl named Nausicaa
And the call of the wind
An honest heart held high
Confesses that I've sinned
Don't hold a grudge
For I have reconciled
A josh for a penny
It's where you begin...

No comments: