Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pick Asidz: Honor and Cadence conveyed to us?

Lt. Hunter: Sir the details have been made, as the troops have been fitted for proper combat regimentals, there is no alert status at the moment, and may I ask you a question?

Gen. Murphy: Shoot soldier.

Lt. Hunter: Well I've got to thinking about the question of, "if I had children in the states, what I would convey to them about the hardships of my position?"

Gen. Murphy: You mean the rigors of cadence and keeping composure under stress?

Lt. Hunter: Something like that sir, but more about your interests other than the duties of the hardened soldier? Like do you have a hobby and what do you do to keep your head on straight?

Gen. Murphy: Well I try to think about what I might say to the son I've never met a lot. How I can influence my other children in the right directions and whether I should remain aloof to him or to coddle them.

Lt. Hunter: (under his breath) Yet we all look up to that one...(Aloud) Well they already know you and are taken care of, right sir?

Gen. Murphy: Yes soldier, but as you get older, one tends to imagine what one could have done in the past. Mistakes made and outcomes of decisional making, things of that sort.

Lt. Hunter: Well we all think you are an exceptional commander, but none of us confuse ourselves as to being your child, sir!

Gen. Murphy: Do you believe in the afterlife Lt. Hunter?

Lt. Hunter: I do and I don't because I'd like to think I'll make it home in one piece!

Gen. Murphy: Do you believe in spirit guides of our ancestors?

Lt. Hunter: Are you infering that they look after your children?

Gen. Murphy: I don't like your tone soldier...

Lt. Hunter: Sorry sir, but I keep hearing that your "bastard" son is in trouble and needs your help from various sources. I also hear that he supports the war effort by publishing new wave ideas over the internet, and that he also writes poetry. That to me is a peaceful conventionalism.

Gen. Murphy: What would you do if you had an illigitimate child?

Lt. Hunter: I beg your pardon sir, but I'd like to think that I would not let that person suffer in convoluted California all by himself. Call me a stupid brit, but you have the means to make a difference from afar. Why don't you?

Gen. Murphy: Careful Lieutenant you are letting your guard down as your feelings are overiding your cadence. You are borderline insubordinate...Are you saying that I'm a wimp? I can have you court marshalled for defamation of character.

Lt. Hunter: Yes sir, enough of that. Pardon me for being concerned as I must be the miser as well...

No comments: