Sunday, August 31, 2008

Antenna Song

A knight in shining armor
A bucket for a pale
One night in the brig
I figured out I didn't like jail.
I woke up this morning
With this tatoo across my face
My eyes were stinging endlessly
Cause last night I got maced.
But if you say:
Oh, oh what you doing everybody?
Oh, oh what you doing for love?
And you say:
Oh, oh what you doing everybody?
Oh, oh what you doing for love?
Well your feelers are antenna
Groping what they can
Hiding under bleachers
And questioning the man.
Antenna to listen
To your given mood
An internal radio
With it's own given groove.
Hard to be insistent
When you seek to please
Reaching for the stars
On my hands and knees.
And then you say:
Oh, oh how you feeling everybody?
Oh, oh an antenna for love.
Oh, oh baby you'll eventually find somebody.
Oh, oh somebody to love...
Oh, oh there is always somebody.
When push comes to shove.
Well time flies so quickly
I remember it as a boy
Just bubblegum and leggos
And I was overjoyed
Seeing this evaporate
Into a world alone
Being lonely is just a thing
I can't condone.
Here it is coming on so slow
Doctor give me a prognosis
Of exactly where to go?
And the whole world says:
Oh, oh maybe you're somebody
Oh, oh amazing how you feel love
Oh, oh what you doing Mr. Nobody?
Oh, oh what you doing for love?
And again the whole world says:
Oh, oh maybe you're somebody
Oh, oh amazing how you feel love?
Oh, oh what you doing Mr. Nobody?
Oh, oh what you doing for love?
I sat across from opportunity
It's carcass like a whale
It's teeth shining like Dracula
Waiting to impale
Tell that modern Sampson
Not to cut off that hair
Maybe you'll meet Hercules
Someday if you dare.
Tell me now sunshine?
Tell me my cookie girl
Do you like the nutty ones?
Or do you see the whole world in swirls?
Bloated as objectivity
Hoping to set sail
Don't fight with those feelings
With tooth and nail.
Look me up a reference
Inquiring why
Baby you can count on me
Until the day I die.
And he says:
Oh, oh what you doing everybody?
Put on that antenna for love
Oh, oh what you doing Mr. Nobody?
What you doing for love?
Oh, oh hurry up somebody
Oh, oh I'd give anything...
Anything for love.
Yeah...

No comments: