Monday, December 29, 2008

Song-The Ocean's Diamonds

Diamonds in the ocean
And I'm sailing free
Whoa what a way to be on the sea
Down in a sarcastic plea
Life is magical like a giving tree
Everything changes
Everything now is the same
Confronting vigor
In mother nature's name
Everything is made of love
That you cannot claim
Bowling for a shove
Of verse and refrain
Diamonds in the ocean
And I'm sailing free
Oh what a way to be on the sea
Life has been such a catastrophe
When can I rest upon a feeling of glee?
Take time to make time
Upon this mountain
Resting on this beach
The crests are my fountain
The sea is a currency
All it's own
Struck upon by the wind
All alone...

Hurry up Mr. Seagull
On this beach
What do you think if someday
I become president
Would you impeach?
Now I'm so lonely
Covered in bugs
Should I nestle in the sand?
And give the ocean hugs?
When will they listen to my pleas?
This hospital has me on hands and knees
Begging for a cure
They kick me out the door
Why can't they be like the ocean?
Which is a forever store
Salty water and a piece of weed
Stuck to my leg
Like this bug's seed
Parasites in my stomach
Worms on my arm
Yes this is an emergency
And a cause for alarm

But sitting here by the ocean
Imagination in my mind
This is something god dreamed up
What a place to unwind
Diamonds in the ocean
Grab one for me
Maybe I can use it
As hospital currency?
I beg for a doctor...
Can I fish one from this perch
All they do is call me "schizo"
Then pretend to besmirch
That's not a great excuse
To someone about to die
Maybe they should talk to that satellite
With a bird's eye
Yes they know I'm here
They know exactly who I am
I'm the guy who writes poetry
And the occasional jam

Diamonds in the ocean
Can't you see?
What the hell is wrong?
I bet you're glad you're not me?
If that is the excuse
Disregard my positivity
I'll take it to another place
I don't like to give it free
If that is the excuse
A view to a kill?
There are diamonds in the ocean
Dive down and have your fill.

No comments: